BlackTree follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Note that BlackTree has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it at our stores, on our Websites or affiliated websites, through our apps and social media channels, at our events, through your participation in surveys, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- username and password if you have registered an account with us;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- purchase, return, wish list and transaction information;
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and history);
- device information;
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, income and marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
- social media information;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and information we may obtain from our third‐party service providers.
In addition, when you visit our Website, open our emails, use our apps or interact with our related tools, widgets or plug‐ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner may include your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain "clickstream data," which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you for the purposes described below, and to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. While you can change your cookies settings in your browser, please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
In addition, we may use local shared objects to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with our Websites and Apps. These technologies help us recognize you, customize or personalize your shopping experience, store items in your online shopping cart between visits, and analyze the use of our services and solutions to make them more useful to you. These technologies also allow us to aggregate demographic and statistical data and compilations of information, which may include personal information, and share this information with our business partners and service providers that provide products and services to us.
We may also offer internet‐based advertising programs on our Website such as AdChoices and NetworkAdvertising. These third‐party services selectively display ads based on browsing history. You can opt out of these services by clicking on the links above.
We also may collect information about the location of the mobile device or tablet used to access the Website ("Location Data"). Location Data includes: (a) the location of the mobile device or tablet derived from GPS or WiFi use; (b) the IP address of the mobile device or tablet or internet service used to access the Website; and (c) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user, such as geotag information in photographs. We will inform you if a specific Website, app or service collects precise Location Data. If you do not want us to collect Location Data from your device, please delete the app or disable the location settings on your device or tablet. Note, however, that disabling the location setting may affect your ability to access and use that app. When you connect with social media though the Website, you may link with social media platforms and social media plug‐ins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, "Share to Twitter" button) (collectively, "Social Media"). When accessing services through a Facebook or other Social Media account, we may (depending on the applicable user privacy settings) automatically have access to information provided to or through the Social Media platform. We may collect and use this information for the purposes described in this Policy or at the time the information is collected.
Information collected directly by the third party providers of the features is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. We are not responsible for these providers' information and privacy practices.
Information we collect will only be used as described in this Policy. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above in one or more of the following ways, and we may seek specific consent prior to such use, depending on your jurisdiction:
- to provide our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide requested products and services including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, and delivering products or services;
- to process and track orders;
- to respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- to improve or develop new services and product offerings;
- to identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information;
- to conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- to alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
- to enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotions or contact you regarding a contest prize;
- to keep a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over the telephone or online;
- to notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
- for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- to ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may also use the information in other ways for which we describe at the time of collection.
In addition, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (a) customizing our users' visits to our Website, (b) delivering content tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our Website, and (c) managing our Website and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We may use third-party analytics services on our websites and apps, such as those of the following:
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Omniture
The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our Website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be used by these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Website.
On our Website, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third‐party websites on which our ads are served. This section of our Policy provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
You may see our ads on other websites because we use third-party ad networks, such as the following, to serve our ads:
- Rubicon Project
Through such ad networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. We may also use our own cookies to serve you relevant advertising. We can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of first and third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
BlackTree does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.