Jewelry is something that almost everyone uses. And everyone wants their favorite pieces to be in good condition as long as possible. There are simple recommendations, following which you can prolong the life of your jewelry.
Jewelry made out of Sterling Silver, with or without Oxidized finishing, or made out of 14K Solid Gold, require special attention. Any natural gemstones used in it require care too.
HOW TO STORE YOUR JEWELRY
It is very important to keep jewelry made of precious metals in good condition. Sometimes people don't follow the rules for storing jewelry, which can make it look completely unattractive.
Here are a few rules for storing jewelry:
1. It is better to store all items separately from one another. This can be a large box with slots and cells, or you can use separate boxes and bags for each item. This rule should be observed so that stones will not be scratched and chains will not get tangled.
2. It is better to store jewelry in a place without excessive humidity or where the air is too dry air. We do not recommend storing your jewelry in a bathroom because moisture can affect the color of stones, and it can also make your silver jewelry look dull.
3. If you rarely wear any jewelry, make sure to keep it in an airtight bag.
4. It is recommended that you store your jewelry in a place that does not get direct sunlight. It is also best to keep the box away from batteries and other heating elements.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR JEWELRY
1. Pure silver purification
Silver jewelry needs regular cleaning if you wear it often. To keep your jewelry looking good for a long time, you need to clean it properly:
1) Use a bar of dish soap or detergent and dissolve it in a glass or bowl of water.
2) Then gently dip the jewelry in the solution and let it soak for about 15 minutes. During this time, the dirt on the piece will become soft and easy to remove.
3) Use a soft brush to scrub the jewelry, but do not apply excessive pressure. If you are not careful, you may damage the metal or stone.
4) Wipe the piece with a soft cloth and leave it to dry completely in a place where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight.It is also advisable to wipe your jewelry regularly with a soft suede cloth or a special cloth.
2. Cleaning of oxidized silver
The care of silver jewelry coated with oxide is not much different from the care of pure silver. A soapy solution is also suitable for this purpose. However, oxidized silver requires observance of several rules:
- Do not use polish on oxidized silverware. The polish can erase the oxide coating.
- Do not use chemicals to clean oxidized items, as aggressive chemicals can dissolve the oxidized coating.
3. Cleansing of gold products
Gold jewelry does not require frequent care, but it does require care. Clean your gold jewelry using a soft brush and soapy water. It is worth mentioning that any piece of jewelry should also be professionally cleaned. We recommend that you have your jewelry cleaned, polished and if necessary, treated professionally so that it will look as good as new.
HANDMADE JEWELRY WITH NATURAL GEMSTONES
RULES OF WEARING JEWELRY
There are certain rules, following which your jewelry will serve you longer:
• Always remove jewelry before swimming in natural or artificial waters.
• Don't forget to take off your jewelry before doing sports.
• Remove jewelry when you are going to do household chores or gardening.
• Don't take off or put your jewelry on the sink when you wash your hands in a public place, as you can forget your jewelry.
STONES THAT REQUIRE SPECIAL CARE
Labradorite is a stone that is sensitive to various chemicals, so always remove labradorite jewelry before applying makeup, washing clothes, dishes, etc.
2. Fire opal
Opal is a rather fragile stone, so always remove the stone before exercising, gardening, lifting weights. Always keep opal jewelry separate from other items so the stone is not scratched. Also, opal can change color, so it is important to watch the water balance of the stone and not to expose the stone to dry air. Do not use ultrasonic or chemical cleaners on opal pieces.
Pearl jewelry is beautiful, but it requires special care. For example, it is not advisable for pearl jewelry to come into contact with chemicals such as perfume, cosmetics, soap, etc., as pearls tarnish from exposure to chemicals.
After wearing the item, it is advisable to wipe your pearls with a soft cloth. This is to prevent dust and cosmetics from getting on your pearls.
Store your pearls in an open box, as pearls need air, otherwise, they may spoil. You should not use bags for storage.
If you follow the above rules, you will be able to enjoy your jewelry for a long time. Careful handling is the key to the longevity of any piece of jewelry.
Kindly note that healing gemstone meanings are not prescriptions or healthcare information.
We ship worldwide with Express Delivery services
High Quality and Genuine Materials result in lifetime warranty
Jewelry Ethically Handmade with respect to Nature and People